BCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flood Insurance Claim

Go down

Flood Insurance Claim Empty Flood Insurance Claim

Post  Admin Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:48 am

I'll try to be as short as possible. A week ago, we had storm water come back through a drain in our basement to about 30 inches deep. A furnace, washer, dryer, 2 freezers, shop vac, air compressor, Vicks vaporizer, numerous clothings, and also 2 large duffle bags of scrapbooks and pictures were under water. When the adjuster called my wife, she stated that at that time everything was operational. I called the adjuster back as soon as I heard of what she had done! He was already out of town ( about 2 hours away from our locale ) and said he would keep the claim open, and would try to do an inspection/ appraisal soon. He has acknowledged that we DO have coverage for this situation and a deductible. I have several questions about this situation.

#1 - does this automatically make me suspect of insurance scamming since my wife had told him that everything was working? Which it still is.

#2 - Are they obligated to give me any type of a pro-rate offer on appliances that may have had their life expectancy diminished by the flood water?

#3 - I took a day off of work to start cleaning up and also to pump the water out, am I entitled to any reimbursment for my time involved?

#4 What else should I be careful of, or anything I should think twice about, when talking to the adjuster?

Thanks,

Admin
Admin

https://bforum.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum