BCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Employed vs Work for a company

Go down

Self Employed vs Work for a company Empty Self Employed vs Work for a company

Post  Admin Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:22 am

I hope to get advice from people who have already been in my shoes. My partner and I run a small company in S.Ca. We are completely different people and went to business not even knowing each other well. My partner is a great guy, but he is not a good agent, doesn't know coverages well, and doesn't really care about self improvement. I, on the other hand, do all the quoting, marketing, business development and part of the service. However, my partner used to bring in more business. All in all i feel, that we will not be able to grow the company much further (we have 650,000 in GP in 18 month). Now, a week ago, i received a call from a recruiter and she offered me an interesting position in a large insurance/Risk Management company. I went through the interview and got the offer. Again, i wasn't really intrested in a job. Now, i am debating of what should i do: I know for a fact that i don't want to stay in business with my partner. I, in my opinion, have the following options: Buy my partner out (i have a good feeling he will sell it to me) and continue on my own, sell the company and work for somebody else. I really don't know what to do, as i feel by selling the company i set myself for a failure. On the other hand, I just got married, my wife is finishing her degree and we need a stable paycheck. What would you do?

Admin
Admin

https://bforum.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down