BCommunity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Claims Court And Insurance Company

Go down

Small Claims Court And Insurance Company Empty Small Claims Court And Insurance Company

Post  Admin Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 am

About six months ago our roof was damaged by a tree trimming company hired by the local electric company. Finally after five months they actually turned the claim over to their insurance company. The insurance agent has been asking me for information that I know she already has (making me prove that they were ever in my yard even though I know that they have access to this information), and asking me for more and more information saying that if I don't provide it they will deny the claim. Some of this information has gotten to be ridiculous and I feel that she is manipulating the situation and trying to terrorize me into dropping the claim. Some of her requests are actually inappropriate and I feel that she pushing the requests as far as possible and that there is no end to what she will ask. She has been dishonest and rude to me. Is it okay to take the case to small claims court before she has actually denied the claim. I feel that someone with authority needs to be involved since she obviously will not quit with her requests and I don't have a legal background to know at what point she has crossed a legal line. (I know that she has no right to know details about my deductable to my home owners insurance and berate me for not filing a home owners insurance claim with my company, but that didn't stop her from asking). I would appreciate any advice!

Admin
Admin

https://bforum.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down